[conspire] Happy New Preferred Application!

rogerchrisman at gmail.com rogerchrisman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 20:02:48 PST 2021

Hm,

uname -a: Linux roger-XPS-8700 5.4.0-54-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov
6 10:37:59 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

lspci:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GM107
[GeForce GTX 750 Ti] [10de:1380] (rev a2)
Subsystem: eVga.com. Corp. GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] [3842:3751]
Kernel driver in use: nouveau
Kernel modules: nvidiafb, nouveau

Settings > Display: 2560x1440 60Hz, I see which is correct for my 27
inch display I think.

Has anyone else been experiencing corruption of the display image into
a wash of tiny rectangles, seemingly at random after several hours of
successfully using your system?

I do a hard shutdown by holding the power button down for five seconds
when I get into this crash. Is there a key combination I could try
instead? I'm normally in the browser when this display image
desintegration crash happens, as the browser is what I normally use my
computer for. So, yeah, I guess hard shutdown with the power button is
reasonable at that point. Is there a log I should look in? Thank you
all for any suggestions that come to mind.

Roger