[conspire] (forw) Reminder that we are NextDoor's product, not customers

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sun Feb 14 22:04:22 PST 2021

 I was not previously aware of this particular story.  I googled the man's name and immediately found many news stories, including 2 local TV stations.  So obviously this story was important to people in the community.
On the other hand, it is not uncommon to get an email from NextDoor about something closer to my home and when I click to see more, the story has been suppressed.   Then I look at the email and guess the subject must have been interpreted as not politically correct.
I'm not sure which is worse, social media that allows everything and social media that suppresses anything that might be controversial.