[conspire] Web spam and yandex forms

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Thu Dec 9 14:34:14 PST 2021

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 09:44:08 -0800

> Your aim is not to defeat a coder who's devoting his/her life to
> overwhelming your site with comment spam, and willing to recode
> algorithms repeatedly to keep doing it.  Your aim is to defeat totally
> automated comment bots, which are stupid and not very adaptable.

I'm not able to follow the whole thread on a technical level, but
maybe there's another thing to think about:  Is it important or
possible to mislead a dumb bot into thinking it's successful so that a
coder doesn't notice a problem and update the bot?

A sensible coder would monitor one of the to-be-spammed email addresses,
so maybe this thought isn't useful.