[conspire] Heads up: Urgent need to vote in Sept. 14 recall election

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 19 17:19:57 PDT 2021

Non-partisan public service announcement:  California's in the middle of
a crucial statement, all-by-mail election.  Your vote is needed.  Voting
runs through Election Day, Sept. 14th, and will decide the next 15 1/2
months of state government.  Voter turnout is projected to be low, and
without all hands on deck, we may end up with a fringe candidate
unacceptable to everyone but a tiny minority of voters, as governor.

Please vote.  Please remind other people you know to vote.

I have a voting guide at
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/election-2021-09-14.html, and, if you ignore
the two sections starting with "RM partisan analysis", you will skip my
opinions and get only public-benefit information from many sources.

Partisan commentary:

It is absolutely essential that all possible California voters weigh in,
especially on Q1 (question 1), whether to recall or not.  Why?  Because
there is great danger that Q1 will barely pass and that, then, the
top-polling of 46 candidates to take Gov. Newsom's place will be an
extremist AM radio talk show host, Larry Elder, sliding in by a tiny
plurality margin.

On http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/election-2021-09-14.html, I give the
facts, then narrow in on the six credible replacement candidates, and
state why one, Kevin Paffrath (D) is the least-bad of credible
candidates and our best hope of not getting Governor Elder.

My analysis further explains why (1) no, it's not valid to write in
"Gavin Newsom", and that vote would be discarded, uncounted, (2)
voting a dark-horse candidate or write-in is a tactical mistake, and
(3) if insisting on the tactical mistake of write-in, you should
_at least_ make sure that person has filed with the Secretary of State
and is on her list of qualified write-in names on Sept. 3rd.

IMO, this really is an all-hands-on-deck situation.  It doesn't matter
if you think Pretty Boy Newsom had done badly.  The point is that
Governor Elder would be _way_ worse.

As usual, I cite and link to lots and lots of credible external
information.