[conspire] You Only Save Twice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 12 08:40:15 PDT 2021

"You Only Live Twice" came out, set primarily in Japan, in 1967 when I
was living in nearby Hong Kong, and I've always been fond of that absurd
flick.  Besides, it has one of the better Bond intro songs.

https://www.autographedcat.com/2016/10/27/on-her-majestys-sysop-service/

On Her Majesty’s SysOp Service
by Rob Wynne
(to the tune of "You Only Live Twice" by Leslie Bricusse & John Barry)

You always save twice or so they say;
One set for your files on a well supplied RAID.
You always save twice, so we have avowed.
A backup is stored on disk, tape or cloud.

And data will stack up, and platforms will fry
Don’t think of the backup, and the data will die.

This NAS is for you, so pay the price.
Keep your data true, and always save twice.

And data will stack up, and platforms will fry.
Don’t think of the backup, and the data will die.

This NAS is for you, so pay the price.
Keep your data true, and always save twice.

An argument can certainly be made for Duran Duran's theme song for
"A View to a Kill'.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4CR2HcHLQ
(Just don't watch the actual movie.)

And Adele's "Skyfall".  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-gLRp5bSpw