[conspire] OOP

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 30 22:46:58 PDT 2020

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> This is a meta Inception level I hadn’t known existed, but whoa. It
> makes sense, it truly does. That, along with Joe’s Daughters of the
> Confederacy YT link, is a truly horrifying combo.
>
> That YT link again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkFXPblLpU
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkFXPblLpU>

Am unclear on who or what 'YT' is[1] (other than one of the protagonists
of _Snow Crash_, a young woman who eventually turns out to have adopted
the pseudonym of Yours Truly), but concur that the referenced video clip
is interesting, in the sense that this is how the Big Lie got
implemented during the writing of American history -- in this case, how
the losing side in the US Civil War attempted to un-do their defeat via
propaganda enforced via the public schools and libraries.  Which means
that public figures _now_ are in many cases suffering from the effect of
this propaganda campaign, which lasted well into the 1970s.

Yr. humble servant was not among the target audience for a number of
reasons including Mom having originated in the part of Kansas invaded by
slavery-obsessed invaders from over the state line in 1850, which turned
the Kansans ultimately into the most devoted opponents of the
slaveholders' rebellion.

[1] Belatedly, right, you mean YouTube.  Didn't I just get through
saying that acronyms should be explained on first usage as a gesture of
courtesy to the reader?