[conspire] (forw) Re: Acronym expansion, taking pity on the general reader

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 26 02:24:35 PDT 2020

Yep, ... a few from work contexts - some newer and/or current,
some older.
RCS - me thinks:
https://manpages.debian.org/stable/rcs/rcs.1.en.html
but they mean:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Communication_Services
PCB (used internally but widely at work),
me thinks:
Are you talking Printed Circuit Board,
or Polychlorinated Biphenyl?
SLA (used internally but widely at work),
me thinks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbionese_Liberation_Army
(those of age to well remember the Patty Hearst kidnapping will remember)
Etc.
(e.g. FERC.gov vs. FERC.org, etc.)

And, yes, too, BLM, I tend to think:
Bureau of Land Management