[conspire] (forw) The fastest vaccine development ever

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Sep 21 04:22:51 PDT 2020

On 21Sep2020 12:18am (+0000), paulz at ieee.org wrote:
> As an opposite to certain charlatans, I will give a shout out for the Salvation Army.  They avoid headlines, but they are typically at a major disaster as fast as the Red Cross.  In Sunnyvale, they have a place where anyone can get a free loaf of bread and other food items. The only question they ask is, "How many in your household?"  If it is a large family they will be even more generous.
> I go there to donate things when other places are closed to donations, but I know I am in the minority.

I appreciate that you have seen them do good works, but they do evil as well:

	https://www.thestranger.com/seattle/dont-donate-to-the-salvation-army/Content?oid=11182500
	https://medium.com/the-radical-center/why-you-shouldnt-donate-to-the-salvation-army-ever-f2cb2e43a2c

They are a specific religious sect, and one that is pushing a radical right-wing anti-LGBTQ+ agenda.  You can find first-hand accounts of what it is like to try and survive in their shelters, which are described as sub-standard compared to others.

I would never donate to the Salvation Army.