[conspire] deaths from COVID

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Tue Sep 8 23:49:25 PDT 2020

I'm seeking some advise on a discussion outside of CABAL.

Someone wrote to me that COVID-19 is much over hyped.

>the CDC just gave a revised death rate.  6% of the prior number.  the other 94% of the deaths were due to on average 2.5 co-morbidities,
>and those people would have died the next time they caught a cold or flu.
I tried to find the CDC info, recognizing that lately the CDC has sacrificed it's once sterling reputation for science to appease certain politicians.

My acquaintance pointed me to https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

>Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving
>coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths
>with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.
>The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups.

I fail to see that someone with preexisting health problems, will necessarily die from a cold or influenza.

Comments?