[conspire] 45's treatment oddities and why men are dying at much higher rates

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 6 02:18:40 PDT 2020

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> So I'm not sure it's quite the same "cure the infection in your hand
> by cracking your knuckles" poppycock Still was promoting in the 1890s,
> is it?

I'll readily admit I'm holding the credential's crank-theoretical
history against it -- but also I'm holding onto my view that this
remains a rational response.  If a Doctor of Phrenology credential
existed, and its proponents said 'Sure, we used to believe in actual
phrenology, but that was 100 years ago, and we're basically
indistinguishable from regular medical doctors except just a tinge more
holistic', I'd be looking askance at them for the same reason.

Like, if you really aren't cranks, then why are you still carrying
around and giving lip service to a lot of crank baggage, still?

However, my real point was not to allege that being an osteopath is a
bad thing, but rather that the Toddler and his Administration had their
choice of _all_ US military physicians, and for that matter could have,
just for asking, gotten top experts from Johns Hopkins and elsewhere,
world-class immunologists, virologists, pathologists, etc. -- but they
ignored those top picks and instead got... some random _osteopath_?

Well, gosh, maybe the Toddler _really_ needed his back crunched.  But,
in his shoes, I'd be a little more concentrated on maximising my chances
of surviving and recovering.