[conspire] Happy subject

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu Nov 19 19:07:16 PST 2020

Rick,
How is your calamansi doing?  My calamondin apparently likes how I have been pruning back the lemon that was crowding it.  Today I noticed more than a dozen little balls starting to change from green to yellow.
To the rest of you, these are two different names for the same variety of citrus.  The skin is thin.  You can eat them whole, if you like.
My first experience was visiting my in-laws in FL.  A neighbor invited us to pick some.   We made marmalade.  Just washed the fruit, cut each in half and put them in the canning kettle. With regular oranges, you would have to spend some time removing the white, bitter tasting, layer under the skin because it is bitter.
Anyone want an easy way to make dried citrus peel which I find delightful to include in many things , not just fruit cakes?
Paul