[conspire] Testing, 1, 2, 3 (San Mateo County free testing)

Mignon Belongie mignon.belongie at gmail.com
Sat May 16 15:22:18 PDT 2020

My (tentative) plan is to wait until Kaiser (my HMO) asks me to get tested.
Kaiser is building a new lab in Berkeley, expected to open by June 1, able
to process 10,000 tests a day:
https://lookinside.kaiserpermanente.org/kaiser-permanente-building-massive-covid-19-test-lab/

That was dated 4/16, so I looked for more recent news, and found the
following, which states that they're still on track for June 1:
https://permanente.org/berkeley-coronavirus-testing-lab-highlighted-by-stephen-parodi-md-in-voice-of-america-video/

I've always been a big fan of Kaiser, and feel even more fortunate in the
current situation to be a member. As it happens, I signed up last year with
the Kaiser Permanente Research Bank, so maybe they'll ask me to get tested
sooner than they otherwise would, but in any case, I trust Kaiser's
judgement on test prioritization.