[conspire] I with I have $5000 for everyone who died of COVID-19

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sun May 10 10:02:33 PDT 2020

 Ruben,
I will not argue with your statement.
but touches on insurance and drug prices.
Private insurance negotiates prices with the drug makers.  Medicare is not allowed to negotiate.  So Gilead may set the price at $10000, just to name a big number.  Private insurance might negotiate max of $1000.  Then people would only pay $1000.   Medicare would start with the $10000 price and decide if it should or should not be on their list of drugs.

On doctor visits, private insurance typically has a negotiated agreement on how much they will pay for what.   Medicare makes up their own list of maximum fees.  If your treatment is not on Medicare's list, they pay $0.  A friend had special conditions for cataract surgery.  Medicare would cover all of the costs for the normal procedure, but paid $0 for his procedure.

These are a couple of reasons I don't support "Medicare for All".

    On Sunday, May 10, 2020, 9:50:07 AM PDT, Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:

 > IMHO, those who don't like the shelter-in-place rules also would likely not want rules on drug prices.

It that troll bait or are you confused about the logic.  I have no
problem with any price they make up as long as everyone has to pay cash
for it and it is never covered by any government or private third party
payer.

You know... like let the market decide the price on suites at Giliad and
the FDA.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com