[conspire] Flattening the Curve

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Mon May 4 08:43:41 PDT 2020

Back in March, I started plotting the number of new cases each day.  At first it was just a simple DIY project,  then the data got more interesting.  I emailed my plots to selected people.  Today, I put it all together and posted it on Linked In.
At first the number of cases was growing at an exponential rate.  Then, in mid-March there was a kink in the curve, still exponential, but at a slower rate.  Two more slow downs can be seen in the data.  Each is about 2 weeks after a change in public policy.
This data is all from Santa Clara County.  Keeping up with the reformatting of their website and revising data has been quite enough for one person.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/flattening-curve-santa-clara-county-paul-zander
This is the first place I am posting the link.