[conspire] Let's look at fluview

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon May 4 02:43:36 PDT 2020

On 5/4/20 2:35 AM, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> On May 3, 2020, at 16:54, Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net> wrote:
>>
>> This format of response (reminiscent of the "GOOGLE RON PAUL" memes of election years gone by), reminds me of a friend who stumbled across a "CoolAmericaFacts" subreddit, which seems to be full of ironic takes on right-wing memes designed to educate any who follow through on the bait.  They forwarded on a bunch of examples in fits of giggles.
>
> Yes, I came across this sub and had the same reaction.
>
> One of the memes that’s been making the rounds on various media I follow is the point that there are more COVID-19 casualties in the US than the Vietnam war. [1][2][3] I mean the American war. Which, as someone who lived through the *years* of that as a kid and had an uncle who was never ever the same after, I just…can’t fathom. Literally can’t.

Not yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_casualties

Unless well the only causalities that are worth to count are the US ones.

Or to give a more recent perspective on death count
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemeni_Civil_War_(2015%E2%80%93present)

But I see Mr. Pompeo looking hard for another Gulf of Tonkin incident.

COVID-19 is serious but saving human lives or (haircut) freedom or
democracy have never been seriously at the center of states or
international policies.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net