[conspire] Panic buying

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 24 01:17:21 PDT 2020

Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):

> Please tell me that the other 4 from the Senate who are now in isolation
> are also from the Republican party?

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) attended sessions with his colleagues in the
Senate after coming down with symptoms and sending off a sample for a
test on March 16th.  He also spent time in the Senate gym, a couple of
days ago, and reportedly was seen in the Senate swimming pool.  On
Monday, he revealed that his test for SARS-CoV-2 infection was positive.

The punchline:  Sen. Paul is also a physician.  (If this were fiction,
I'd never get away with including that detail, since it's too outlandish
to expect readers to believe.

Based on Sen. Paul's 'Oh, by the way...' admission, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT)
and Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) went immediately into self-quarantine, because
they had spent time hobnobbing with the asshat Kentuckian.

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) and Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) were already in
self-quarantine after exposure to other individuals who tested positive.

So, yes, all five of these persons are now in quarantine, and they are
all GOP regulars.  (And the week is as yet young.)

> I caught a fragment of a story that the white supremicists are now viewing
> it as their DUTY to spread this thing around?   WTF?

Um, look, Texx.  Listen carefully.

I don't want to have to give you orders while wearing my listadmin
'hat'.  So, consider this an unofficial shot across the bow:

Don't post clickbait garbage stories here.  Especially without
attribution to source.  Do not.

I don't care how much you are scandalised and want to share the gossip.
Can it.  Post it anywhere that is not here.

If I have to say it again, in an official listadmin capacity, it'll be
with the figurative hammer handy, and poised for use.  You really don't
want that.  I don't want that.

Take the highly emotive news-lite claims and gossip elswewhere.  I mean it.

Nor do I want to have to discuss that.  I am not going to debate the
matter, nor justify.  I'm merely warning you that I'm one step away
from enforcement.