[conspire] installation media

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sun Mar 22 17:50:18 PDT 2020

Long long ago, we discussed running multiple OS's on one computer.  One aspect of the problem was that it is now very rare for a PC to come with windows installation media.

I was looking for something else, when I stumbled onto the following page.  The way I read it, if the PC already has Win10 installed, you can download and create a new media and do a reinstall without paying for a license.  If the pc was using Win 8, you would have to pay for a new license.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Now, if I wanted the primary OS to be Linux and then use VMware or (?) to run windows, I still might have to pay for the license because the environment isn't the same.

I don't expect to do any of this right now, but thought maybe the info would be useful.