[conspire] [L]UGs & ...: Re: Cabal & Covid19

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 21 09:58:38 PDT 2020

Well ...

As far as "end date(s)" of the orders and social distancing,
at this point nobody knows exactly when.  And "going back",
from where things are now, likely won't be a flip-the-switch
off-->on, but more a transition over days to week(s) or month(s).

So ... lazy/efficient? ;-)  I'd likely guess somewhere between 3
weeks (including the time when this started for the (first) 6
San Francisco Bay Area counties, and ... 2 years(-ish).
Maybe a better guestimation would be looking "ahead" at relevant
examples ... China, Hong Kong, South Korea, ... Italy ... they're
all week(s) to month(s) or bit more "ahead" of us on how they're
going thorough and have been through this.  But "of course" each
is also different - at least somewhat ... what measures were/weren't
taken when, how effectively, how "nominal" social contacts are in
each geography/country/location/locality - and how they've changed
and when along the way, etc.  So, ... maybe only month(s)-ish ...
not 'till "all clear", but 'til things are at least moderately
better and we're starting to turn the corner and can at least
loosen things a wee bit?  But, back to lazy/efficient ...
web pages, calendars, ... if I guess a (restriction) end time/date
for all [L]UGs to be fully back to "normal" ... if I guess too soon,
that means more updates to do (and hope I don't miss doing any that
are needed).  If I guess (far) too long, ... then I only have to do
one set of updates.  And ... "forever" is absolutely definitely
too long, ... hence only need one set of updates to "fix" that. ;-)
Besides, much easier to predict the (near) past, than to predict the
future.  ;-)
Hindsight is always 20/20.  ;-)