[conspire] (forw) Re: CABAL in the time of Cholera^W SARS-CoV-2: March event cancelled

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Mar 18 14:30:46 PDT 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020, at 2:14 PM, paulz at ieee.org wrote:
> A few years before you came out against Scientology, a few of my co-workers were "fascinated" with it. One of them brought some electronic box into the lab. I don't remember if he was trying to fix it or reverse engineer it. Another actually quite his job and moved to Los Angeles to be part of Scientology. A few months later he had come back. Didn't elaborate much about why he was disillusioned.

Understandably, employability was a priority. ;)

E-meters are basically a wheatstone bridge, iirc. Without looking, there was a basic circuit diagram on Wikipedia last I looked.

> The following from one of your linds sounds too much like 2020 pollitics. If it's inconvenient, just call it fake news.
>> *"Freedom of the mind requires not only, or not even especially, the absence of legal constraints but the presence of alternative thoughts. The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities."*Alan Bloom, Psycho-Politics

What's really interesting is that Hubbard seemingly knew what he was doing, at least at times. I'm honestly never quite sure which stories about him to believe more than others. However, he did seem to know that a) communication was generally a good idea; and b) therefore cutting communication with people he didn't like was policy.

Over time, though, he seemed to fall into his own con and it is said that he was heard blathering about invisible space aliens infesting his body toward the end of his life.

The basic "secret" levels of Scientology essentially amount to this: we were bored, we created this universe and got stuck in it. The pains and illnesses we have in life are illusory and aren't our own traumas, but those of other beings we've managed to pick up along the way. So one has to deal with bazillions of them. It's sort of an active form of Gnosticism, if you will.

Of course, being secret, I knew none of this when I was in.

Deirdre