[conspire] (forw) Re: CABAL in the time of Cholera^W SARS-CoV-2: March event cancelled

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Mar 18 13:11:29 PDT 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020, at 12:27 PM, paulz at ieee.org wrote:

> But singing loudly when most of your neighbors are inside would be much better than what some people have done:
> sending rambling email messages that no one else wants to deal with.

I've stayed quiet on the subject, but it's time for me to say something as I've been sitting on my hands.

Some of the specifics of what was said echos another person I've known in the past: the late Arnaldo Lerma, an ex-Scientologist I knew. Some would call him a "prominent" critic. It's true he was loud enough.

For those of you who don't know, I'm an ex-Scientologist. As a teen, I believed in the "just world" fallacy, which is one of the things that can make one prone to falling into crap like Scientology. I was one of the three ex members who came out publicly in late 1994. In December 1994, documents that had never been posted before were posted. For commenting on that, I was stalked, and my friend Dennis was raided, and my friend Joe had weird people showing up in his town. More timeline (which omits Joe Harrington): https://www.spaink.net/cos/rnewman/harass/timeline-95.html

Anyhow, after Dennis was raided, Arnie shows up MONTHS later, posts some low-quality crap from a lawsuit (so already public, right?) and then wants credit for having posted something that had never been posted before. Right.

Let's put it this way: according to Arnie's story, he was engaged to L. Ron Hubbard's (Scientology's founder) daughter, and Hubbard thought he was crazy. So.

Twenty years later, Arnie shows up in the comments on my blog wanting to make everything all about him. Again. I shut him down.

https://deirdre.net/twenty-years-ago-today-scientology-vs-the-internet/

Anyhow, if you'd looked at Arnie's signature lines the last, oh, 20 years, they'd have looked…familiar in pattern. https://web.archive.org/web/20150624180738/http://www.lermanet.com/faqs.html

It turns out that in Feb 2018, Arnie attempted to kill his wife and then committed suicide. Despite *still* being an IRC channel op for a Scientology critic channel in 2020, I hadn't heard because Chez Moen has been a wee bit preoccupied the last couple of years.

I found out about it 9 days ago, right before our former list member started blowing up about the Covid issue.

Deirdre