[conspire] Stanford Hospital badly needs N95 face masks

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Wed Mar 18 10:07:43 PDT 2020

 Right.   Since it cost a few $ to buy a box of masks, at minimum I would also want a donation receipt.

    On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 1:59:51 AM PDT, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

 I wrote:

> Stanford Hospital, one of the leading medical facilities on the West
> Coast, is now pleading to the public:  They are out of N95 masks, and
> are pleading with members of the public, if you set them aside for the
> prior-years' wildfires or out of coronavirus concern, or for any other
> reason, to please make them available to front-line workers at the
> hospital who desperately need them.
>
> Please e-mail Ariel Seidman <aseidman at gmail.com>, if you can provide any.

I forgot to add an important bit:  Naturally when the aim is to deliver
N95 masks to Stanford Hospital, the only reasonable delivery arrangement
will involve handing your spare masks to an on-duty employee of Stanford
Hospital at a reasonable place _at_ Stanford Hospital.  Otherwise, there
is no way to distinguish between an honest offer (to fill a real need
and deliver them as promised) and a scam.

So, if I were donating, I would politely insist on exactly that, and not
be swayed by 'Just take it to person X's house' -- which a CABAL member
says is what Mr. Ariel Seidman, via a person to whom he refers people,
expects donors to do.

(To be clear, I'm _not_ calling this a scam, just saying it
unfortunately would be indistinguishable from one with the 'drop it off
at someone's house' arrangement.)