[conspire] BOINC + Rosetta at home, Folding at home, ...: Re: CABAL in the time of Cholera^W SARS-CoV-2: March event cancelled

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 15 19:14:30 PDT 2020

Yes, Folding at home ... and/or
Rosetta at home (e.g. via BOINC):
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=13533#91772

Anyway, yes, I got BOINC installed (had it year(s) ago, but not
more recently), checked for project(s) relevant to COVID-19,
Rosetta at home fairly clearly popped out, fired that off ...
"oops", not quite enough disk space for me on default filesystem
(under /var - but I don't leave that with whole bunch 'o extra space) ...
quick 'lil bit of filesystem create, mount, copy, remove (redundant),
bind mount (so anything that might use original location - even if it
uses chroot(2) for security, etc. - will still find what expects in
exactly the same physical location) ... and it was able to download
everything fine, and has been chugging away just fine.
4 of 4 cores mostly chugging away on it.

Oh, and the filesystem add I did?  Gave it a modest 4 GiB ...
then nudged it up to 5,516 KiB ... thus far it's holding at only 50%
full - that ought give it ample space (and I can bump up if needed).
/etc/fstab shows it a bit better than mount(8):
$ sed -e '/boinc/!d;s/[         ]\{1,\}/ /g;s/ 0 0.*$//' /etc/fstab
/dev/tigger/boinc /var/local/boinc ext3 nosuid,nodev
/var/local/boinc/boinc/boinc-client /var/lib/boinc-client none bind
$