[conspire] CABAL in the time of Cholera^W SARS-CoV-2: March event cancelled

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 12 16:04:23 PDT 2020

This coming Saturday is a regular CABAL Saturday.  And, we're predicted
to have rain all weekend long.  In short, March CABAL is cancelled for
several compelling reasons:

o  Probable low turnout.
o  Somewhat cramped indoor conditions, rain-enforced, ergo less joy.
o  Risk of coronavirus spread, that can be reduced but remains of concern.

Unless you've been hiding in a cave, you're aware of SARS-CoV-2
coronavirus pandemic risk.  Particularly at risk (of dying) are persons
over age 60, and those with some underlying health problems (diabetes,
cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, high blood
pressure, cancer).  Over age 60, risk rises with age.  Large gatherings
are highly risky.  CABAL, much less so.

My adding extra precautionary measures before, during, and after a CABAL
meeting -- which I strongly considered -- can take us only so far, so
I'm cancelling the meeting to simplify the threat model for everyone,
particularly for regulars in elevated risk categories.

Single-stop place for SARS-CoV-2 information here:
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03/dont-panic-the-comprehensive-ars-technica-guide-to-the-coronavirus/