[conspire] Face masks and SARS-CoV-2

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Mar 11 19:26:00 PDT 2020

On 3/11/20 9:50 PM, Elise Scher wrote:
> BRB?

so 2 years ago I went to Jerusalem to visit my children and spent about
3 months in Israel.

We spent a lot of time in the old city and specifically with a Yeshiva
founded by  the Zylerman family, Yeshivat Aderet Eliyahu.  They took
over the Huvera Synagauge, and being that of prayed there every day for
a considerable amount of time, I met many people who I had previously
though more of as myth than real.  These folks teach the Torah to their
students by having them memorize at a young age the entire Chumash, and
they where blue strings in the Tztzis, and where there tfillin all day.

My son and I spend one particular Shabbat with them, especially a senior
member of the family, which started as a single family of returnees to
the faith (Baal Tchuva) and today are well over a 100 children that live
inside the walls of the old city.

The students of the Yeshiva have many of the greatest scribes among
Israel and after this Shabbos, I entertained to review a number of
scrolls, all of them having about the most amazing craftmentship I ever
saw.  So I ended up bargaining for two Milligot Esthers... one I gave to
my son in law and the other I gave to my son.

I finally had a chance to actually use it this Purim and took a few
macro shots of the lettering:
http://www.mrbrklyn.com/images/art/shmuels_migilah1.png
http://www.mrbrklyn.com/images/art/shmuels_migilah2.png
http://www.mrbrklyn.com/images/art/shmuels_migilah3.png