[conspire] [L]UGs - virtual meetings, new(ish?) LUG + new virtual 1st virtual meeting, lists of (local(ish) [L]UGs ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 19 06:21:18 PDT 2020

For those that might be interested:

Virtual [L]UG meeting (and stuff going on despite COVID-19).
Various (San Francisco Bay Area) [L]UGs have started doing
virtual meetings.  Don't think I've seen/heard of any particular
reference that's been more-or-less tracking that, so ...:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:covid-19
Have the information, at least insofar as I'm aware, on the above.
Also, anyone that's set up with a login on that wiki can edit it,
if you don't already have a login and wish such, just email me,
and that can be arranged.

List(s) of San Francisco Bay Area [L]UGs ...
there is of course BALE :-)
I also "created" (added) meta-list of lists to wiki
(hey, redundancy is a good thing).
So, one might also want to have a look here:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:bay_area_open_source_linux_bsd_unix_user_groups_and_related_associations_and_events#meta-list_-_list_of_lists
(maybe I'll add a "shortcut"/redirect to that in future, but at least
for now ... and I'm expecting that existing URL to be persistent).

New(ish) LUG, and newly added virtual meeting ... I perhaps mentioned
the LUG once before (might even be debatable if it ("fully") qualifies
... web site?  List? ...)
Anyway, they're having their first virtual meeting 2020-07-01:
Red Hat User Group - Bay Area
Relevant links for that can be found under:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:covid-19
(and I'm not sure if it's Red Hat User Group - Bay Area, or
Bay Area Red Hat User Group ... they don't seem consistent in their
naming.  Also, is it Bay Area, or San Francisco?  Depends where one
looks.  Oh, and physical meeting(s) - yes (but not currently),
and in the Bay Area, but not San Francisco ... though navigating
to the relevant links is and has been via the San Francisco link).
Anyway - is what it is - for those that might be interested.