[conspire] (forw) Sherpa, 2019-2020

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 18 17:31:33 PDT 2020

Since many of you have met our kitties, I thought folks here ought to know.
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/sherpa-2020-1.jpeg

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 15:53:39 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: [folks]
Subject: Sherpa, 2019-2020

Our brilliant kitty scientist Sherpa lead a short life, but was well-loved,
and knew it.  Feline infectious peritonitis (FIP) felled her even though
we had started treatment using experimental drug GS-441524 (a metabolite
of remdesivir), but it was too late for her and she continued to show no
improvement in severe liver failure, and she was euthanised this
afternoon.  It is a very hard thing.

FIP is, of all things, caused by immune overreaction to a feline-specific
coronavirus.

May Sherpa's memory be for a blessing.

----- End forwarded message -----