[conspire] "these communities" Re: Public Surveys

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 9 20:45:14 PDT 2020

> From: "Ruben Safir" <ruben at mrbrklyn.com>
> Subject: Re: [conspire] Public Surveys
> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 17:28:05 -0400

>> “these communities”
>
> That is right.  THESE communities.
>
> You know them, strangly enough, even on the West Coast.
>
> Flatbush, Morrisna, the South Bronx,
> Brownsville, East New York, Washington
> Heights, Harlem (even after "gentification"), Jamacia,
> The South Bronx, etc.
>
> These mostly American Black,

Brownsville, huh?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownsville,_Yuba_County,_California
Really.  Doesn't appear very Black / African American to me.

I mean I believe that is the closest Brownsville relative to
where the conspire lists is based (and CABAL happens).

Maybe someone out-of-area was perhaps thinking some other Brownsville,
that may be closer to them?  Perhaps when posting to a list that's
far from where they're geographically based, they may want to add
sufficient context to be much less ambiguous, or refer specifically to
which, e.g. "Brownsville" they're referring to.  Yes, disambiguation
can be good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownsville