[conspire] Public Surveys

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 9 20:35:51 PDT 2020

> From: "Deirdre Saoirse Moen" <deirdre at deirdre.net>
> Subject: Re: [conspire] Public Surveys
> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 14:13:20 -0700

> Look, that’s horrifying, but it happens by white people too. And
> it’s more protected by white people. Here’s a bay area example where
> the Mormon church protected the guy (and his son) and yet still had

<sarcasm>What, perpetrated by white people?  And not called out on
it, let alone not even prosecuted?  For years, decades+ even?
Surely you jest.</sarcasm>
[cough, cough]
<mumble>Catholic priests, Boy Scouts, Harvey Weinstein, black man
suffocated to death by white cop(s) while cuffed on ground ... oh
that's so common we have to say *which* one we're talking about,
oh what do you mean that only might get prosecuted if there's
incontrovertible evidence like lots of witnesses and video,
and you mean all those *other* times it wasn't videoed those
didn't lead to arrests and convictions?  Oh, for how many
decades/centuries?  Sounds like somebody got "protected" from
prosecution, etc.  What percentage of those would've gotten
away with it and been so shielded/protected were they
person of color?</mumble>