[conspire] (forw) Re: [Felton LUG] Oh boy, this doesn't look good...

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Jul 30 05:08:30 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:13:31PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > I consider Sercure Boot a vulnerabilitly by design
>
> More on why you're mistaken, from Matthew Garrett:
> https://mjg59.livejournal.com/138973.html
> https://mjg59.livejournal.com/139232.html
> https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/12368.html
> https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/50577.html

Nothing anything anyone else writes is going to change my mind in this
case.  For one thing I wrote an entire paper on this
topic, so I have reseached it, and wrote on it and was published on the
topic through the LIU scholastic publishing arm.

Others might be interested, though.

For another thing, I don't need long analysis of why I should hand
control of my computer to someone other than me.

It's a dead letter on delivery.

My defintion of security is that 1) I have complete control of my system, or
any other objects in my life, and 2) I remain in complete control, and
3) nobody else can gain control.

Of course the last part is the tricky bit but in pursuit of (3) if one
abandons (1) then the war is lost before it begins and Fredlandia is
lost.

~~Rufus T. Firefly
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!