[conspire] Federales in Portland?

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu Jul 23 12:39:25 PDT 2020

> > Colobus was the discover of the New World for the West.
>
> I believe you misspelled 'Leif Erikson'.  ;->

Leif's "problem" is that his discovery was not well known outside of Scandinavia.  And the settlements that followed his exploration didn't last.

Who was Colobus?
Christopher Columbus, the explorer, was not unlike a lot of present day start-up promoters.  He promised great returns to his backers and wasn't able to meet their expectations.

Actually IMO, he was the world' worst navigator.  He claimed he was halfway around the world from where he actually was.  Can't get much more wrong than that.