[conspire] Schools WTFery

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Tue Jul 21 08:19:04 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 04:05:30PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > > Anything I'm missing?
> >
> > Quite a bit, starting with getting more sleep.
> >
> > As for taking the most advanced and precious form of troll bait, I might
> > bite if it was writen with less vitriol.
>
> Excuse me, you _are_ Ruben Safir, right?  This isn't just some
> irony-deficient person who's broken into Ruben's e-mail?
>
> So, I'm sorry, if you really _are_ Ruben Safir, I am willing to grant
> you the Chutzpahnic of the Year Award for suggesting that _anyone_ else
> is trolling and/or writing something driven by vitriol.

You are much better at it than I am.  You just think you are not, which
is what is sooo charming about you.

> Also:
>
> > https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/ed/17/08/when-it-comes-education-federal-government-charge-um-what
> >
> > https://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/fed/role.html
>
> Srsly?  You think that a rational response is throwing two unexplained
> URLs at me?  This has to be a record achievment for you in laziness
> lightly seasoned with arrogance.

These are two, hopefully balanced, legal and policital looks at States
rights, and the federal role in education so I posted them.  I did read
them, and don't agree with everything they say, but they are fairly
comprehensive

The first is from Harvard.

The second os the the DOE itself, so it needs to be taken in that
context.