[conspire] On a lighter note???.

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon Jul 20 17:30:48 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 4:28 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> That is just a breathtaking display of creatively wasted computing
> resources.  I doff my virtual hat.

Arguably, all computer gaming is a breathtaking display of creatively wasted computing resources.

I play one game these days, Summoners War, which has an art department for transmog[rification]s. These are sold as upsells, but you can also earn the transmogs veeeeeeerrrrrrryyyy slowly (unless you're really good).

Of the latest batch (generally derided as "a bunch of bikini transmogs"), my favorite is the Oracle character on jet skis. One of the moves for two of the variations she does a vertical flip that's pretty impressive.

https://youtu.be/AnOz76lqanY?t=814

Not a critter I have. But some of them are really cool and fun. I still think my favorite, though not as impressive in terms of graphics (as it's before their art department leveled up), is the vampire in board shorts and an aloha shirt with a (red for fire element) martini and deck shoes who never spills his drink in combat. On the left: https://i.imgur.com/ZUhZaov.png

Deirdre