[conspire] If there were any lingering questions...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Dec 21 18:45:49 PST 2020

Quoting Kim Davalos (kdavalos at sonic.net):

> Stay home.
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/california-hospital-covid-capacity/

Word.

When I posted (elsewhere) that my medical procedure had to be cancelled
because San Mateo County was now dangerously low on hospital beds, the
inevitable idiots showed up to opine that they didn't think the numbers
added up, i.e., that official Health Department information was either
incompetent or deliberately deceitful.  I passed up the opportunity to
read them the riot act, and merely said that I had excellent reason to
believe and trust my doctors.  (To which they had no response, because
they cannot deal with someone who politely rejects the disinformation
game.)

It's now incrementally more difficult to be polite to these clowns.