[conspire] A personal best for the crazy (the route to Jan. 20th)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Dec 7 19:03:31 PST 2020

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> There's definitely something about the loser narrative in the whole thing.
> ObBeck (Hansen, not the asshat): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

It probably says something about me that I'd never heard the Beck
original before, only the Weird Al parody medley.

Anyway, even after the President-Eject exhausts his $200M slush fund and
toddles off to the Jamaica Bay Home for Senile Slumlords, IMO the real
long-term problem is that QAnon malicious conspiracy-mongering has now
became a self-sustaining meme engine and is seeping into all corners of
public discourse.  Debunking doesn't help much, because by the time
you've proved 'No, Gov. Newsom did _not_ sign a bill erasing criminal
penalties for child sex abuse', the meme engine has moved on and has
generated half a dozen more baldfaced lies and injecting them into
dozens of alleged news Web sites and gotten babblers to repeat them into
conversations.

We're going to have to deal with a few tens of millions of severely
delusional conspiracy-thinkers for the next long while.