[conspire] A personal best for the crazy (the route to Jan. 20th)

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sun Dec 6 14:35:55 PST 2020

Thank you Rick, Deidre and others who have posted about the courtactivities. It has been informative. I don’t know much about thelegal system, but I have watched enough of Judge Judy to know thatyou won’t get very far if you didn’t bring documents and otherevidence.

The scary thingabout these antics is that they have motivated clueless people todonate $200 million to the Trump campaign. I’m afraid we willhave to deal this the Donald for a long time.

    On Saturday, December 5, 2020, 12:05:04 PM PST, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

 Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> I highly recommend this guy's review of My Cousin Vinnie when you get a chance, but it came up in this analysis of the set of lawsuits from a few days ago:
>
>     https://youtu.be/v-nblE8ps2M

Thanks.  That's really good -- but I always love listening to Legal
Eagle, and indeed his review from lawyer's eyes of 'My Cousin Vinnie'
is particularly delightful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I7QBCHqng

> Still, it is an entertaining passtime to comb through it all and work
> out the dividing lines between malice, incompetence and indifference,
> isn't it?

It's also a good way to learn _real_ law by observing Trumpistas
spectacularly failing and getting spanked for that by highly competent
and literate judges.  The Pennsylvania decision was, as Legal Eagle
pointed out, practically a short, vivid course in civil procedure.