[conspire] A personal best for the crazy (the route to Jan. 20th)

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Sat Dec 5 05:20:20 PST 2020

The Sidney Powell filed ones are the most amusing, especially when live-tweeted while reading. This one is more coherent than most:

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1332031210126716931

Speaking of, I gotta hand it to Pamela Pepper, the judge in Wisconsin who got one of them.

Scheduling order thread: https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1334981032278429702

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2020/12/Pepper-Order.pdf

It contains this gem:

“In this court’s experience it is unusual for a party seeking the extraordinary remedy of preliminary injunctive relief to ask the court to issue a decision on the pleadings, without presentation of evidence or argument. But because that is what the plaintiff—the movant—has asked, the court will rule on the pleadings.”

That translates to: you are gonna lose SO HARD.

Because pleadings aren’t evidence, they’re factual allegations, and for the extraordinary remedy they’re seeking, their evidence burden is high. So, no evidence, no bueno.

But…we’re talking about the filings that are actually legible and readable. Not all of them have been.

Then there’s this one, which met a law clerk with a spacebar phobia:

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1332064184423616522

Deirdre