[conspire] When to get a covid test, brains, and a weird case, and a cardiology vs. immunology joke

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Aug 7 12:23:54 PDT 2020

On 8/7/20 8:28 PM, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2020, at 8:54 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 8/7/20 2:38 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
>>> So you're arguing that the risk of mutation overwhelm the risk of
>>> people dying and that later, by magic, once everyone will get
>>> infected it will disappear and furthermore that we will have a
>>> vaccine that works regardless of mutations JIT.
>>
>> I forgot to say: no spread, no mutations (first order).
>>
>> The virus can't mutate without replicating. It's not a matter of time
>> mostly but of number of bad copies out of all the copies made.
>
> Coronaviruses are not HIV. (Which is known for its WTAF number of
> mutations.)
>
> They are not even the common cold (*some* colds are coronaviruses but
> most are not) or flu. One unique feature of coronaviruses is that they
> are large enough to have an error correction protein:
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/03/science/coronavirus-genome-bad-news-wrapped-in-protein.html
> <https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/03/science/coronavirus-genome-bad-news-wrapped-in-protein.html>
>
> So that limits mutation.

I was talking of first order.

Hard you can observe many mutations, no matter what, if the virus is not
replicating. And it can't replicate that much without new hosts.

Spreading the infection faster is definitively not a solution to mutations.

Harder if the virus belong to some hard mutating virus class, and that
start to be way out of my league.

Summing it up herd immunity without vaccine is bullshit on several orders.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net