[conspire] Let's look at fluview

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Apr 28 23:25:37 PDT 2020

Ruben, you don’t know shit about China.

Let me tell you about China. Second hand, from an ICU doctor who’s a good friend of mine in Guangzhou (Canton). THEY ARE STILL mostly IN LOCKDOWN.

The gov’t relocated my friends (he’s a teacher, she’s a hospitalist) next to the hospital so they wouldn’t have to commute. The first week (late Jan), they commuted in for the week, then they moved the following weekend.

They had people on every fucking street corner taking temp readings with temp readers, and people were encouraged to get deliveries for food and groceries, etc. It was not *required* at that point, just highly encouraged. Which meant everyone who’d lived there for a while (my friends are fairly new in China) got the message and stocked up on staples.

This was before it hit the US news that drones were checking temps in in China fwiw.

So here’s a Feb 7 video so you know I’m not pulling shit out of /dev/ass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDaYjOqgkig

Look, your conspiracy bullshit about China is bullshit. People like my friend help save lives over there, help keep *us* safe, and they helped keep the problem from being worse all around the globe.

Yeah, some people screwed up not getting the message clear enough soon enough, and that’s a problem in authoritarian cultures generally, and one of the problems we’re having with vaccine development right now because of our bullshit on the same lines. (And not because of Pelosi or

Meanwhile, yeah, there is limited opening in Guangzhou, and I don’t think you’d consider the terms (temp reading of everyone in stores, QR codes) acceptable.

> On Apr 28, 2020, at 22:29, Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:
>
> Wait, how long are we supposed to stay in lockdown?

Deirdre