[conspire] Let's look at fluview

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Tue Apr 28 16:57:34 PDT 2020

On 4/28/20 7:08 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
>    The movie uses its future world as a home base and launching pad for
>    the central story, which is set in 1990 and 1996, and is about a time
>    traveler trying to save the world from a deadly plague.
>
>    The traveler is Cole (Bruce Willis), who in the opening shots lives
>    with a handful of other human survivors in an underground shelter put
>    together out of scrap parts and a lot of wire mesh.  The surface of the
>    planet has been reclaimed by animals, after the death of 5 billion
>    people during a plague in 1996.
>
>    Cole is plucked from his cage and sent on a surface expedition by the
>    rulers of this domain, who hope to learn enough about the plague virus
>    to defeat it.  Later, he is picked for a more crucial mission:  He will
>    travel back in time and gather information about the virus before it
>    mutated.  (The movie holds out no hope that he can "stop" it before it
>    starts; from his point of view, the plague has already happened, and so
>    the future society is seeking treatment, not prevention.)
>    [...]

Oye - I never heard of it.  It sounds like plesant viewing tonight
before I die of this virus this week.

I wrote all my passwords, locks  and banking information for my son if
he finds my body...

Meanwhile, I have been working up a short list of Start Trek episodes
that mirror this plague, including

The Naked Time
Miri
Operation - Annihilate!
The Deadly Years
The Trouble with Tribbles
and Carry On, Hawkeye

I am sitting here between conferences, and between the conferences I am
listening to these CE live credits for Pharmacist.. (thank god for X and
winmaker) and here is what sucks...

By next week I will be dead from this virus and I've spent much of my
final week staring at the computer screen listening to endless amounts
of medical dribble, and dealing with hysterics instead of doing just
about ANYTHING else....especially fishing.  If I was fishing now, I
wouldn't likely be in line to catch this virus.  I certainly would be
choking on my own regurgitated air from a mask.

I am reading a report today that says that this virus actually likely
came from a Lab in Wuhan... Imagine this.  The conspiracy crazies might
have actually gotten one right.  Either that or our resident expert from
the City of New York has completely lost her mind.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com