[conspire] Numbers racket

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Apr 27 21:56:17 PDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 06:36:59PM -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2020, at 4:45 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:

> > > It is not, not at all. We do not know they cannot get *reinfected*. That is an assumption that people have been making that is unwarranted.
> >
> > It is.  That is what the anti-bodies are, and how the B and T cells
> > interact.  The reason it fails for HIV is that HIV attacks the T-Cells.
>
> I know how HIV works, actually, it is kind of a cool hack. Specifically, HIV uses CD4 to gain entry into T-cells specifically, so it uses the immune system against itself. Real evil genius territory.

HIV is a reverse RNA transcriptase virus..

> It then uses those CD4 cells, which normally activate the longer-term parts of the immune system to generate B- and T-cell responses as little virus factories. The NY Times link below is pretty good at explaining the general sorts of ways viruses hijack the existing cell processes, though HIV's specifics are different from COVID's. And, of course, what's being hit is that you aren't fighting an infection you were supposed to be, which is why your body made that CD4 cell in the first place. Then it starts making CD8 (killer) cells to try to kill the CD4 cells that have gone rogue. (Normally the CD8 is part of the usual cell teardown as apoptosis is actually quite a complex process to specifically prevent everything going everywhere.)
>
> I know a lot more about HIV, including reverse transcription, how reverse transcriptase works, yada yada, but let's not go there. And, specifically, because of the errors in reverse transcription (which is true for all retroviruses), they are particularly difficult to fight well without serious consequences long-term because the mofos mutate.
>
> One advantage, we hope, in the COVID-19 deal, is that there's a specific error-correcting protein in the COVID bundle (NSP14):
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/03/science/coronavirus-genome-bad-news-wrapped-in-protein.html
>
> > > 1. We don't know that  we can create an effective vaccine because we have never created an effective vaccine for the betacoronavirus family for humans.
> >
> > The problem with the vaccine ... actually there are a lot of problems
> > with the vaccine, most of them political.  It is likely we can create a
> > vaccine.. it is very very likely.
>
> We may not be able to create an actually viable vaccine

Yes we will Doctor.

Have no doubt about it.

It will be three years too late because they are lazy, but they will do
it... no problem.  There are lots of valid targets

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com