[conspire] Numbers racket

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Apr 27 14:37:33 PDT 2020

On 4/27/20 5:23 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
>  The most likely hypothesis is that those are probably
> undiagnosed COVID-19 cases, e.g., people who died at home in New York
> before they could be transported to a hospital and diagnosed.

No.  I was at in a meeting at a hospital last night until 2AM, going
over M&M reports and likely future outcomes, and that is just not the
case.  Mortality numbers are very complex but most of the cases of
increased mortality is due to a reduction in hospital services to
patients.  The most telling statistic, however, overall is the increase
in mortality which about 70% over baseline since the beginning of the
year, at least in the Bronx, over an adjusted 5 year average.  It still
ends up about an overall mortality of about 0.7%, which is not
historically unprecedented.

When this started, my back of the hand calculation was that NYC would
see about 50K deaths with a co-morbidity of Wuhan(covid-19) disease,
about 5x what you would see in  a moderate Influenza epidemic.  Not all
influenza epidemics are moderate

http://www.mrbrklyn.com/resources/wuhan_covid_side_affect_on_hositpaiozed_pts.pdf

QUOTE:

Sandeep7-9 minutes
Jauhar
Most weeks at my hospital near New York City we see about 40
acute or near-acute heart attacks. For the past few weeks, we’ve
seen an average of five, a 90% drop. We’re hardly alone. At
Detroit Medical Center, the number of heart attacks being
treated has dwindled from 15 to 20 a week to one or two.
Hospitals in Atlanta and Boston have seen similar drops. The
decline is also being observed abroad. In Milan, for example,
the number of heart attack cases is down by 70%. In Madrid,
the dip may be closer to 80%.

ENDQUOTE:

Of course the Mortality rate might have been much lower if NYS didn't
insist on sending patients with the plague into nursing homes with
minimal staffing and no realistic means to contain the disease within
the facility.  Where they needed a quarantine the MOST, the did exactly
the opposite because of civil rights considerations?

Ruben
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com