[conspire] Math (Re: Password permutations (was: Correction))

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 25 04:17:16 PDT 2020

> From: "Deirdre Saoirse Moen" <deirdre at deirdre.net>
> Subject: Re: [conspire] Password permutations (was: Correction)
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 18:51:37 -0700

> However, my dad, who could do calc in his sleep (physicist),
> recommended I skip Trig as it was a waste of time. I believed him.

I remember one of my math teachers, somewhere along the way, said,
approximately:
Algebra is where you really learn how to do(/use/exercise) your (basic) math.
Calculus is where you really learn how to do(/use/exercise) your Algebra.

... might've been a bit more mentioned in the sequence, but I seem to
recall at least those parts of what the instructor had mentioned.