[conspire] Password permutations (was: Correction)

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:09:11 PDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 12:46 PM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):
>
> > That was one place you SHOULD correct people because password
> > misunderstanding is a danger to the ENTIRE community.
>
> It's not difficult to do the math and spot that Paul simply had terms
> reversed.  Also, I doubt your assumption that understanding password
> complexity requires doing the math personally.

Didnt mean to imply that people had to do the math, but explanation of how
it works it a wise thing to do.
I highly doubt that i was the ONLY one here who benefitted from the
explanation.

> Also, really not my job.

You are fast to remind people when they are wrong, no criticism here, just
curiosity, why change now?

> Also, this would have been an excellent example of where I sat on my
> hands rather than be a bit of a jerk.
>
> I'm unconvinced Conspire must aspire to be an educational resource.
> Sing a little, dance a little, is probably enough.  Like Gene Kelly,
> except virtual.[1]

You are right that Conspire doesnt HAVE to, but it would be a good idea
anyway.

I get very frustrated when smart people dont use their intellect.
Im brighter than most.
I know some who are even smarter than I am.
Those who are brighter than I am, I hold their feet to the fire and remind
them :"Your head is NOT just a HATRACK!"

 <hat="listadmin"> Two weeks having now passed, I frobbed off the Moderated

> bit on your subscription.</hat>

I actually hadnt noticed.
Id been too busy to notice the suspension till it passed.

--

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker