[conspire] Second prize is *two weeks* in New Jersey

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 14 20:31:40 PDT 2020

Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):

> Elise is a COBOL person !

Run away, Elise.  Run away!

> Interestingly enough, NJ is seeking VOLUNTEER COBOL people.
> They want their system fixed and DONT want to PAY for it.
>
> Suck rocks NJ!

Gov. Murphy did use the term 'volunteer', and apparently they would love
to get expert help for free (which would frankly scare me, in their
shoes), but I suspect the real help they hire will get the green stuff.
Apparently, one can inquire here:  https://forms.business.nj.gov/tech/

FWIW, I remain fond of the prettier 80% of New Jersey, which is (with
rare exceptions) everywhere except in the state for urban centres next
to NYC and Philly.  But I sure wouldn't want to visit now, thanks.

(I was _going_ to visit central NJ this summer for my first college
reunion ever, but..., sorry, event got smashed to tiny bits.)