[conspire] 1999 called, and wants its backhoe returned

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 13 22:49:33 PDT 2020

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> If you have room and budget, the best is Solatron like one of these:
> https://solahevidutysales.com/cvs_hardwired_series_power_conditioner.htm
> They have specially  transformer technology that takes a dirty input
> and delivers a very clean output with very tight voltage regulation.
> But it will take two hands to lift even the small models.

Searching around for third-party information on pricing (since the
Sola/HeviDuty site says only 'Request quote' about pricing) suggests
that, for example, the 1000 'VA' (basically watt) model would cost on
the order of $1700-2425 per unit.  That model weighs 59 lb, by the way.

Oh, for those who aren't getting ye olde Subject header's gag:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050829190804/http://zgp.org/rbhl/

--
Cheers,         "I suppose the process of acceptance will pass through the usual
Rick Moen       four stages: (i) This is worthless nonsense; (ii) This is an