[conspire] Meet Robert Howard Schnacke

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Nov 23 11:30:53 PST 2019

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> To be clear, this means a US Attorney who was head of the criminal
> division of our local federal district committed a felony, as minors
> cannot legally consent to sex. There are exceptions for "within a
> couple of years" of age these days, but the entire law was intended to
> protect *exactly this situation*. It's statutory rape, and for a good
> reason.

Deirdre pointed this fact out to me about an hour ago, and my jaw
dropped.  I hadn't even thought about that!

Oh.  My.  That's an even _bigger_ reason I never should have breached the
subject with Judge Schnacke & his wife in their retirement years (if I'd
been able to approach them when they were still around), and would have
been well advised to remain silent on the subject in public until he
died:  I'd have been implicitly saying 'Hi, remember that felony you
committed in September 1957 when you, at age 44, committed statutory
rape against a 16-year-old girl?  If it'll help jog your memory, at that
time you were Assistant US Attorney and chief of the Criminal Division
for the Northern District of California.'

That would definitely _not_ have been a wise move.  So, it's just as
well that the man was long in the grave before I heard about his 1957
two-day fling with my bio-mom.