[conspire] (forw) ????Hooray!! Sunnyvale Opening!??????

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 13 19:31:13 PST 2019

Quoting Josef Grosch (jgrosch at gmail.com):

> I've been passing Kal's BBQ for years. I'm gonna have to give it a
> try. Lisa, born and raised in Chicago, has very high standards when
> it comes to BBQ so we shall see what rating she give it.

Top tip:  Go there hungry for lunch, and order the steak sandwich
special.  You'll get a nice slab of marinated beef, cooked on the grill
to order and placed in a large sourdough sandwich bun, alongside fresh
fries and a salad.

Take your plate over to the condiments island, and load up your sandwich
with horseradish, relish, mustard, pickled hot peppers, lettuce, tomato
slices, chopped onion, etc.  Put fresh oil & vinegar (or whatever you
prefer) on your salad.  (Don't forget to pick up cutlery.)  There is
also ketchup for culturally deprived people from the West Coast.  Now,
take your plate to an open table, and prepare for a little bit of
heaven.

Their hamburgers are also really nice if you're less hungry.

The place is run by a Korean family that apparently hads had in
operation since about the time of the Korean War.  The BBQ aspect of the
place reflects the Korean style.