[conspire] (forw) HaveIBeenPwned.com (was: Safer Browsing)

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 22:39:00 PDT 2019

It was onbly a matter of thyme before Gilbert & Sullivan ended up on this
list.

Yeah, maybe Feb 29 is a better choice.
In the Linked In article, I might advocate for Mar 32, but somewhere there
will be a recruiter who spots that.

My point is to first raise the security issues on this bad practice
perpetrated on the IT contracting community for over 10 years.
Secondarily, I hope to create a fear amonst recruiters that the data they
get will continue to get more bogus as this practice continues.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 10:22 PM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):
>
> > Quite bluntly, Im embarassed for not thinking of using a fictitious
> > birth date as well.  I think Ill start using April 1.
>
> Let me be the first to say, then, a week in advance:  Happy Birthday!
>
> If you go for Feb. 29 instead, you'll be sharing a birthday with
> Frederic, the hero of G&S's Pirates of Penzance (1879) whose
> hard-of-hearing nursemaid, Ruth, mistakenly apprenticed him to be a
> pirate until his 21st birthday (having actually been directed to have
> the young man apprenticed to be a _pilot_).  At the beginning of the
> operetta, Frederic is about to celebrate turning 21 years old and being
> freed from his apprenticeship -- but then his nanny and the Pirate King
> regretfully inform him that he still has 63 years to go until his 21st
> birthday in the year 1940, having had so far only _five_ birthdays, as
> the terms of indenture were until his 21st _birthday_ and he was born on
> Leap Year Day.
>
> My favourite of many references to this gag was in the _New York Times_
> February 29, 1940 edition, where the paper ran a small article
> congratulating Frederic on serving his full 84 years.
> https://www.nytimes.com/1940/02/29/archives/frederic-goes-free.html
>
> --
> Cheers,                     « Le doute n'est pas une état bien agréable,
> mais
> Rick Moen                   l'assurance est un état ridicule. »  ("Doubt
> is not
> rick at linuxmafia.com         a pleasant condition, but certainty is
> absurd.')
> McQ! (4x80)                                                       --
> Voltaire

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker
"Face down, 9 edge 1st, roadkill on the information superdata highway..."