[conspire] [OT] weather prediction (was: Re: Electronics Flea Market 2019)

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 19:46:16 PST 2019

Super computing has helped alot.
You can run multiple math models and then integrate the results.

There is a weather phenomena that happens out in the San Joaquin Valley
that incluences how much of the week and when we are foggy and when we are
sunny.
Parts of the year, it happens weekly, so we might have all monday & tuesday
for 2 months as clear and the rest of the week foggy.

In the winter this is perturbed by the storms coming across the Pacific.
Somewhere around june and into Aug, this pattern returns and those times
are VERY predictable.

I believe irt was UC Berkeley that discovered this weather phenomena.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:28 PM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu):
>
> > Well, yes (mostly) and no (a bit - under certain specific circumstances).
>

> Oh, wow, edge cases!    I love edge cases!
>
> Er, wait.  Cancel that.  ;->
>
> --
> Cheers,            You must rise or sink / You must conquer or win,
> Rick Moen          Or serve and lose. / Suffer or triumph, / Be anvil or
> hammer.
> rick at linuxmafia.com
> McQ! (4x80)        -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Gesellige Lieder, Ein
> Anderes

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker
"Face down, 9 edge 1st, roadkill on the information superdata highway..."