[conspire] Michael Paoli @ CABAL Saturday ... & crimpers (telephone handset, line cord, & Ethernet)

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sat Mar 9 16:30:43 PST 2019

On Saturday, March 9, 2019, 3:33:31 PM PST, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>I mourn for the old Zack Electronics[2] store that was at 654 High Street
>a block south of University Ave., Palo Alto, but Al Lasher's is almost
>as good.

I had forgotten about Zack's.  It was a very good place before it moved away

>Fry's Palo Alto location will in the next year or so be lost to
>redevelopment, so, if you want to see their Old West kitsch, see it soon.

The trend in redevelopment is 3 or 4 or 7 stories with residences above and so-called retail on the ground floor.
Unfortunately "retail" has become a synonym for over-fancy, over-priced restaurant.  A TruValue hardware or even a Radio Shack is never in the mix.  I can count at least 3 bicycle shops that have closed the past couple of years.
A bit of good news:  HSC has sold its remaining inventory to Excess Solutions on  South 7th St in San Jose.